In a recent article, Utility Dive lays out the 10 trends projected to fuel the electricity sector in 2019. From renewable energy to distributed energy, here’s what’s to come:
- A Trump bailout will continue to be a threat.
- FERC will remain focused on wholesale pricing issues, resilience, and fuel security.
- The federal environmental regulation rollback will continue.
- States will increasingly push clean energy and climate policies.
- Grid modernization and performance-based utility metrics will become commonplace.
- Gas generation will continue to dominate.
- Energy storage will have its biggest year yet.
- Electrification will become a central power sector issue.
- DERs will become trusted bulk power resources.
- Renewable energy will increasingly replace coal.
Learn more by reading the full story here.