JOIN THE TEAM
If you’re looking for a career with an established and growing organization… If you want to work among a tight-knit group of professionals in a place where safety is always first… If you take pride in your work…If you want to build a career with a company known for its expertise and innovation…Then, let’s talk!
Journeymen Linemen / Foremen
Journeymen linemen will be expected to safely perform all associated tasks with the construction and maintenance of all overhead and underground facilities. They must be able to safely troubleshoot and repair all distribution circuits and equipment.
Journeymen Linemen / Foremen
Journeymen linemen will be expected to build, maintain, and repair overhead transmission lines using approved standards under the direction of the Crew Foreman. Responsible for safe operation of equipment and operations on digger trucks (line trucks) and bucket trucks in order to construct and maintain electrical systems of de-energized overhead transmission lines.
Employees in this personnel classification shall possess a minimum of five (5) years of experience in Substation construction. The individual will possess all of the skills required for assignment as a Substation Tech for any craft within his/her area of responsibility. Such an employee shall also have in-depth knowledge of all applicable OSHA codes and standards.
JOURNEYMAN LINEMAN - VARIOUS LOCATIONS
Journeyman Lineman (Multiple Positions)
- High voltage, energized work (must be able to “work hot”).
- Install, maintain, and repair electrical distribution and transmission systems, including conduits, cables, wires, and related equipment, such as transformers, circuit breakers, and switches.
- String wire conductors and cables between poles, towers, trenches, pylons, and buildings, setting lines in place and using winches to adjust tension.
- Start engines, move throttles, switches, or levers, or depress pedals to operate machines, such as track hoes, backhoes, digger derricks, lo-drill, air drill, fork lift, cranes, skid steers, line pullers, or line tensioners.
- Take actions to avoid potential hazards or obstructions, such as utility lines, other equipment, other workers, or falling objects.
- Locate underground services, such as pipes or wires, prior to beginning work.
- Adhere to safety practices and procedures, such as checking equipment regularly and erecting barriers around work areas.
- Excavate and drill holes.
- Erect and maintain structures.
- Right of Way clearing and reclamation.
- Two years of experience as a Powerline Tech/LineMan or two years on the job high voltage energies over line repair/maintenance experience with minimal or no supervision.
- Over 80% domestic travel required (little notice).
- Work to be performed at various unanticipated project locations across the US. Work in various unanticipated locations, outdoors in all weather conditions, including inclement weather.
- Normal workday hours: 6 am to 6 pm. Time and a half for over 40 hours. Weekends included.
- Move/lift at least 50 lbs.
- Compliance with safety regulations.
- Ability to supervise subordinate line workers.
- Pass Pre-employment and other drug screening requirements.
it’s MORE THAN A JOB…
It’s a chance to be a part of the Irby Family.
Whether part of the team for two or twenty years, we’re all like family at Irby. We started as a family business and have carried that culture forward as we’ve grown into an industry-leading $600M company. There’s a pride that comes with working here and it shows in our work. Irby Construction Company’s extraordinary record of success can be attributed to our people who are among the most respected, experienced, and talented in the industry.
Competitive compensation and benefits.
Some of our benefits including the following. Contact us for more information.
- Competitive wages, salary, incentives and bonus structure
- Group Health, Long-term Disability and Life Insurance Plans
- Optional Dental and Vision Plans
- Optional Short-term Disability and Supplemental Life Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health & Dependent Care)
- 401(k) Plan
- Corporate stability (the backing of a Fortune 500 company with the autonomy of an established family-owned company)
- Affiliation with Northwest Lineman College
Benefits are subject to plan eligibility and other requirements.
Watts in the News
Irby Crews placed the last of 54,000 batteries on-site at the Manatee Battery Energy Storage Facility. Later in the evening, Florida Power and Light “unveiled” the Manatee Battery Energy Storage Center with a community event that included laser lights and a drone show.
The first of more than 50,000 battery modules have been installed at the Manatee Battery Storage Project. Each battery module can store the equivalent of 2,000 iPhone batteries. When complete the Center…
The first battery storage unit installations are underway at FPL’s Manatee Energy Storage Center. The facility will be the largest solar power-battery storage facility in the world.